Before I get started with Tuesday’s Treat blog, just a reminder that I am still doing the burpee challenge! Today try to do 14 burpees. If you need it modified then try squat thrusts which are very similar to burpees, but a little less intense (still a great way to get the heart going and challenging too).
Today I am going to be giving you a recipe for no bake energy bites. These are delicious! First, let me say that the picture is not mine, but from another website. I’ve made these a couple of times, but it’s been a while since I have had them. Just looking at the picture makes me want to make them. They are easy and you can substitute ingredients (for example, use almond butter rather than peanut butter). One time I made a version that tasted like carrot cake. These are a great snack on the go!
Prep: 10 mins Total: 10 mins
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (I left this out in mine and it still tasted wonderful)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar ( I used honey for mine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.