I have made this baked eggs in ham (or turkey) cups a few times and they are simple to make as well as delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ham or Turkey (I have used both)
Anything else you like in your eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Grease up your muffin/cupcake pan. You can either spray it down with some cooking spray, or you can use coconut oil.
- Fit 1 or 2 slices of ham/turkey in to each muffin cup.
- (Optional) Depending on if you want your eggs all scrambled or not, you can crack an egg in to a separate cup and beat it before dumping it in to the ham cups. If you do decide on doing this, you can also mix in your other ingredients (think chopped mushrooms/scallions/spinach).
- If you like your eggs whole, go ahead and crack that egg in to the cup!
- Pop that muffin/cupcake pan in to the oven which you previously preheated 400°F and bake for 15 minutes or however well you like your eggs.
I made enough to eat two eat morning. I warmed them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they were perfect. I usually had a piece of fruit on the side. I realize how important breakfast is but I am usually not hungry in the morning; therefore, these were small enough that I could eat them, but they had lots of protein to keep me full (and the fruit provided the fiber). Perfecto!
The finished product. Yummy!