Hey friends. I’m most of you have heard all about quinoa. It’s everywhere these days. It’s no surprise that it’s so popular these days. It has a ton of protein and fiber (and lots more). At any rate, I decided to bring you a delicious quinoa recipe. I actually inherited from my sister. I was visiting her in Florida and she made this for us to eat at the beach. We (even my picky husband who hates healthy food) loved it—it’s especially perfect in the summer.
- Cook desired quantity of quinoa seeds (1cup quinoa to 2 cups water). Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed (usually 10 to 15 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Chop red onion, tomato, and cilantro.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro together.
- Pour dressing (olive oil, lemon, and salt) over quinoa mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator. We love eating it the next day.
The best part is that you add all of the ingredients according to your taste preference. It’s very tasty—trust me!